Full time/ Competitive Package
JG Travel Group is a leading provider of group travel offering a wide range of value for money tours, ranging from short breaks, classic seaside resort holidays, heritage tours, London theatre breaks and attractions and European holidays through a number of brands. In addition to these successful brands, Cruise Connections has been part of the cruise industry for over 30 years, providing ocean and river cruises to their loyal customer base. We are now looking to expand and develop this area of our business, and are looking to recruit a number of experienced Cruise Sales Consultants.
Reporting to the Reservations Manager, these roles will be responsible for converting cruise enquiries from existing customers or new customers responding to marketing to reach agreed targets, whilst at the same time ensuring exceptional customer service is provided.
We are looking for someone with previous experience of sales within the cruise industry with a clear, demonstrable record of success. A proactive, self-starter who is an excellent communicator, specific accountabilities include:
- Answer incoming cruise customer phone calls and respond to them efficiently and courteously
- Be the primary contact for cruise product related queries.
- Provide specialist cruise product and destination knowledge and expertise to all prospective customers.
- Prepare quotes and sell cruise holidays and any other related products (e.g. Insurance/ optional excursions/ cabin upgrades).
- Assist with the creation of bespoke cruise packages and itineraries, using previous experience and knowledge.
- Use the Cruise on-line system to liaise with the cruise liners to check prices and availability.
- Proactively following up recently returned clients to sell a future cruise.
- Keeping in regular contact with cruise customers regarding their booking to provide any information from the cruise line, or to deal with any amendments to the booking.
- Make outbound calls based on leads generated from either the JG Travel Group databases, or other sources, to generate additional cruise sales bookings
- Log all customer booking details onto the Company’s computer system
- Accurately taking customer payments
- Transfer calls to appropriate members of staff in an efficient and effective manner
- Follow-up customer enquiries if not immediately resolved
- Assist team members to ensure the smooth operation of the department
- Attend product/ system training as and when required
- Any other additional administrative duties that assists with the effective running of the Company.
The ideal candidate will be results orientated, and self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and administrative skills, this is an exciting opportunity for someone with a strong customer focus to further their career and to be part of shaping the future of the JG Travel Group.
If you feel you have the relevant experience and attributes for this role please send your CV and letter of application to Helen Moylan/ HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org without delay !